You are viewing ‘Baking Projects’
Continue making the body..
Prepare a ball of gum paste for the body and legs. I am making the blue Ninja so I am molding the blue gum paste. Cut into half about that size.. I am using my hand as the approx measurement for my figurines. It’s depends on how big you want the figurines.
Take the upper side of the gum paste and keep the lower part for the legs. I am using a plastic ruler (Which I only use for my sugar craft) to shape my Ninja. Flatten the doh.. not too thin. About 5-6cm (More than half inch).. To avoid from breaking.. because this figurines need to stand!
If you have the edible pen in black.. use it to draw the Ninja front shirt.. don’t have to be so accurate.. . I am using a black colour food colouring from Wilton.. I can’t find my edible pen.. ha! (Note: Anyway found it recently ;-p)
Next.. Doing the legs.. Take the other half of the gum paste just now. About this size.. I advised you to make the legs more thicker to avoid from breaking.. I experienced it on 1 of my son’s Ninja on his birthday cake… But I managed to cover the disaster.. ;-p
Note: Remember to have thicker doh for legs and it is wiser to place the figurine on the party day. Because the figurines quite heavy and it might fall. I have a solution by using longer stick for the figurine to stand..
2. Press the ruler flat.
3. You will have this shape.
4. Use your brush stick to roll a little on that part (Not necessary).
5. I will try to keep the legs shape by using rulers in between the process.
6. Using knife.. cut in the middle like that to create legs.
8. Using the back of your knife create that 2 lines by pressing the knife a little on the crotch..
9. Draw the Belt (With edible black pen or black food colouring.. the best from Wilton)
10. Take a Satay stick to join the whole body.. This is my 1st attempt making the figurines and it’s not too secure. When I did the next one.. I use a longer Satay stick to join the leg, body and head. I will post different picture to show how I did it..
11. How the figurines attached together.. but this one.. the stick are quite short. I advice you to use longer stick because the figurines are heavy.
1. Prepare 1 long blue doh and 2 small ball of black doh. Depends on your figurines size.
2. Shaping the hand.. and make a hole on the sleeve area using the brush stick.
3. Shaping the palm. I am using my gum paste tools to shape the ‘U’ shape.. but you can use the brush stick too.
4. Brush the hole with your gum paste glue (I am using tylo.. edible glue for sugar craft) or just use water. Insert the palm to the hand and let it stick well before placing it on the body.
I hope this tutorial is easy to understand.. just drop me a message under contact me if you have any questions..