Preparation By The Artistic Mom

Very very last minutes..

Yes.. My baby 1st year celebration is totally a last minutes preparation. I been planning for his birthday earlier actually.. but after few incident especially the robbery incident.. I am out of focus. More focusing on monitoring people come and out fixing back all the damages done by the thieves.. *Sigh*

Still have lots of things need to be done.. but I have to shift my mind to the celebration. There was a time I planned to cancel the party… But when I think back.. why? Why shall I sacrifice our happiness with all this? Life is short and it is such a waste to not celebrating a good day with our loves one while we still alive.

Hence.. all the rush catering order.. cakes.. DECORATIONS!! ha..

I planned and sketched all my idea for my baby celebration earlier too.. when looking at the time constraint I almost cancel this too. But I think again about the fact that I am not gonna have any 1 year old birthday party in future anymore.. so I better do it now.. by hook or by crook! haha.. Not gonna waste my artistic talent for my kids..

Today was my very busy day.. busy preparing everything.. do the shopping for the party.. in between have to take care the kids.. sent to school.. fetched from school.. cooked.. cleaned.. and thousand of chores in between.. sent son to tuition.. and at finally has the time to start with the art project.. Phiewww!

I actually planned to draw mural of Mickey & friends on a big plywood. But it was not as easy as I thought. I need to create the stand to make my mural to sit up.. Ohh I have no time to cut wood and holding hammer at this time (I wished for handy Manny that moment.. haha).

So I finally decided to use polystyrene instead. I’ve done this before so it must be easy for me.. and yes.. it is!

Picture above showing I just finished the 1st coating on my tree’s ‘head’.. :)

So far I’ve done the shading and it’s ready to be stick on the wall.. but I am thinking to have more leaves on the branch.. but see how if my time is enough.. ;p

The trunk.. I done it.. but it is a bit short.. and I have to make the lower part tomorrow.. if not have to think other way.. may be by adding grass and flowers underneath.. ah! great idea..

I cannot wait to start doing the character.. My baby’s party theme will be Mickey & friends. Not that my baby loves Mickey so much. I don’t think he understand about that yet.. ;-p .It was me and my bigĀ  boy who choose the theme.. :)

I have to Google pictures of the characters.. and I have to draw free hand.. Ah! Easy peasy for me.. hihi.. (What can I say.. I am good in drawing.. ;-p)

I stopped until this part.. actually up to colouring the shoes… but it’s been a long day for me.. so I decided to stopped and continue tomorrow..

I hope I can finished all tomorrow O.o

I need to sew my Minnie inspired dress for the party too.. (Aik?? siapa yang birthday ni?? haha).. Okay.. I know my boys will love me if I did that.. they loves us to participate with all this.. like that. Okay.. may be the youngest still don’t know anything yet. But my son is so thrill with all this..

Not sure if I can pull with the dress project.. but I will update the progress.. :)

This?? Is a lens cap.. When I went to Johor for the Legoland Blogger preview.. not only my house been robed.. I lost my lens cap too!! Urghhhhhh….

So recently I managed to purchased a new 1.. which cost me RM50.. the cheapest I can find from Low yatt KL. The highest price offered to me was RM90!! Yaiks.. Hubby FORCED me to at least checkout on 3 shops to compare prices before purchasing.. and true enough all prices are different.. (Usually I will ended my purchased with 1 shop only.. ;-p)

I thought RM50 was the cheapest I can get.. when I check on SHASHINKI Camera Online shop.. their price is only RM48.. (O.o)

I always found that their price is quite cheap compare to price in the shop.. anyway I might be wrong.. but you can compare the price your self here..

ShaShinKi.com - Malaysia's Online Camera Shop!

25 comments on Preparation By The Artistic Mom

1. Just
    April 18, 2012 at 7:57 am

It’s great to see ur updates in my blogroll cath! :)

Kan syiok kalau I can draw.. I will definitely enjoy busying myself like u do! Nda sabar tgk ur dress! :)

• cathj
      April 18, 2012 at 9:53 am

Ahh..happy to know just.. Thank u… The dress?? Haha i hope i can pull it off.. :)

2. puansaiman
    April 18, 2012 at 10:08 am

Mcm dulu2 bah fren…sepa paling pandai melukis dlm kelas kita……indak payah jwb kan….. Sumaaaaa urg tau sdh….. Ko mmg pandai melukis…..bukan jak melukis…menjahit pun….sepa paling cantik jahit skirt dlm kelas SRT…… Ko jugak kan…..hahahahahahahahaha……..

• cathj
      April 23, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Nah geng… kalau pasal menjahit paling santik tu nda pula ku ingat…. hihihihi…. tapi aku tau lah aku salah potong kain yg bab belajar jait blouse.. hahahahhahaha…

3. Leona
    April 18, 2012 at 11:22 am

Wah u r seriously good . Congrats on your baby birthday

4. Nadia
    April 18, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Yiiiii siok nya..sya lg blum buat apa2. ..

• cathj
      April 18, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Saja2 bah ni nad.. Cari karaja.. Hihihi

5. stella
    April 18, 2012 at 2:17 pm

wah rajin juga ko buat semua tu oh.. klu turn si Gabriel nnti ndatau lah..mcm malas ni haha!
    by the way, ada jg jual lens cap seja kan.. mcm sini KK teda oh..

• cathj
      April 18, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Oh ya kah? Tiada jual cap… Susah la mcm tu.. Tia apa lah.. Beli online la hihi…

6. Daddy
    April 18, 2012 at 3:46 pm

You must be kidding me! You did ALL THAT! Salute! Salute!….It has been ages since I pick up the brushes to paint something …HAHAHAHA

• cathj
      April 18, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Same here.. And i am glad i still have that talent hahaha….

7. UmmiRosma
    April 18, 2012 at 4:30 pm

thumbs up!!! I salute you for your effort and talent in drawing…the Mickey looks real!

kalo I memang dah tak sempat nak buat itu ini…really salute u my fren….really!!!

what about the cake? buat sendiri jugak dear?

• Cathj
      April 19, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Half i order for my malay frens and half i bake myself.. Cupcakes and may be cake.. Org yg i order tu last minit cancel nak g kawin. Geram tu.. So hve no choice do like this.. :(

8. Arms
    April 18, 2012 at 5:18 pm

Menggambar, memasak, membuat contest, baking, sewing, gardening, blogging, melukis, mewarna… ada benda yang ko nda pandai buat ka. Cuba bagitau dulu gia. wakaka jk.

Happy first birthday to your baby boy, Cath J! :D

• Cathj
      April 19, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Membuat contest????? Hahaha…. 1 ja sia nda pandai Arms… Control makan! Haha…

9. chegu carol
    April 18, 2012 at 6:30 pm

cant wait to see the end result cath, this is exciting! even i can feel it.

• Cathj
      April 19, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Hihihi.. Will reveal jg.. :)

10. Mummy Gwen
    April 18, 2012 at 9:22 pm

You are really talented! I can’t draw. Can’t wait to see your Minnie inspired dress…must be awesome. :)

• Cathj
      April 19, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Oh my.. I changed my dress design again.. Hopefully this 1 faster to complete.. Any how.. Its friday tomorow n i hve not even draw the pattern.. I need miracle now haha

11. Wyne Mouren
    April 19, 2012 at 12:00 pm

You are well-known with amazing creative arts. Sa tidak heran the outcome is always awesome. Bah, lupa kan dulu hal2 yg bikin sakit hati…bday party first!

• Cathj
      April 19, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Hahaha…. Tiada la sudah yg bikin sakit hati ni… Sibuk ada lah.. Thank u for itu compliment… Senyum sampai telinga sudah ni..

12. famila
    April 21, 2012 at 11:57 am

gilaak.. punya terror ko melukis cath. Ku pikir itu mickey mouse ko beli. Rupa2nya lukis sendiri. Matehhh… punya hebat ko nie. Gua salute sama lu.

• cathj
      April 23, 2012 at 10:39 pm

hahahahaha…. itu kepakaran ku tu mi… kalau melukis2….. kau tanya si Salmah… pernah dia suruh aku lukis potrait nya time di sekolah dulu… punya lucu… baru photo nya, yg pakai bunga di telinga lepas tu dia duduk ayu di bawah pokok bunga melur… nah mana kau mau cari..hahahahhaha….

13. caroline
    April 22, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Really artistic lah you Cath. I understand that it’s not easy to draw disney characters but you have done a great job!!!!!! If me … taking forever also can’t came out with something looks like mickey even salin bulat bulat! :P

• cathj
      April 23, 2012 at 10:33 pm

hahahaha… I also refer to website lah.. without looking at the character I can’t do it also.. :)